>
85-year-old man loses $74 million in gold scam
January 28, 2019

From Bloomberg:

An 85-year-old man has become Hong Kong’s biggest victim of a bullion trading scam after being conned out of HK$580 million ($74 million) over two years, according to South China Morning Post.

The elderly man was one of seven investors who lost a total of nearly HK$620 million in a scam which involved trading gold on the London commodities market, the newspaper reported on Friday, citing unidentified people. Hong Kong police confirmed the arrest of 14 people related to deception in an emailed statement to Bloomberg News, while it declined to comment on the specifics about the 85-year-old victim.

Continue reading at Bloomberg...

You may also like

Billionaire says buy more gold

"Billionaire hedge-fund manager Ray Dalio sent ripples through the gold market this week when he advised buying the metal, but he's part of a bigger wave."

Will the gold rally continue?

"As the global economy slows and the Fed prepares for a rate cut, there’s reason to be bullish about the yellow metal."

Billionaire: 'Gold has everything going for it'

"Billionaire investor Paul Tudor Jones said in a Bloomberg interview last week that geopolitical disruptions have made gold his favorite trade in the next 12 to 24 months."