Doctors across the country are now “slamming” the CDC over Ebola
From Washington’s Blog:
Health care experts throughout the U.S. are strongly criticizing the Centers for Disease Control for its handling of Ebola. For example:
- Infectious disease experts say the CDC is blaming nurses for their exposure to Ebola when the CDC has given faulty instructions on how to handle Ebola patients.
- Many doctors say the CDC has given false reassurances and underplayed the severity of the disease.
- Public health experts also criticize the CDC’s statement that any hospital in the U.S. can handle Ebola patients.
- Experts also criticize the CDC for failing to encourage the buddy system for healthcare workers treating Ebola patients, and for including other common-sense protocols for containing infection.
- And nurses are calling the CDC hypocrites for saying that cloth masks and goggles are sufficient … while CDC personnel wear respirators and full hazardous materials suits when visiting hospitals with Ebola patients.
× Subscribe to Crux